Cursive Handwriting Worksheets & Printables
Teaching students how to write in cursive requires lots of practice. Our collection of cursive letters focuses on each letter at once. Students learn to write uppercase and lowercase cursive letters. Each worksheet has a letter formation directions on the top. Students learn how to form each letter correctly from the very beginning. Students gain practice and become comfortable in cursive handwriting. All worksheets designed in Zaner-Bloser style.
- Provide students with opportunities for independent practice.
- Focus on one individual letter at a time, with opportunities for students to first trace the letter a number of times.
- Once students have become confident writing individual letters, provide opportunities for students to practice writing words. This gives them experience with linking letters together.
- Zaner-Bloser Cursive Handwriting Order: (i t u w) (r s p j) (a c d q g o) (n m x y z v) (e l h k f t).
- Use mini-whiteboards and markers to practice forming letters.
- Write letters in the air or in sand or salt trays.
- Use letter formation cards. Students benefit from learning phrases that help guide them in the correct direction as they form cursive letters.
- Teach students how to write words of personal significance. They really enjoy learning how to write their name and family members’ names.