This workbook is a great source to learn about animals starting with the letter while boosting writing and reading skills. Letter Q handwriting practice workbook includes:
- Letter Q formation poster and letter Q formation cards featuring two animals: quail and queen bee.
- Uppercase letter Q tracing sheet and lowercase letter Q tracing sheet. Each page has an animal on the top and a hint on the proper letter formation.
- Letter Q mini-book featuring four animals that start with this letter and two blank pages for kids to fill.
- Four pages to practice handwriting letter Q and learn fun facts about quails and queen bees.
- Two reading passages about quails and queen bees, followed by three questions that prompt kids to investigate more about this animal.
- Two worksheets to practice informative writing and describe quail and queen bee using a word bank.
- Two worksheets to practice sentence building.
- Four animals flashcards for fun games and learning centers.
Available styles and printing options:
Writing Styles: Zaner-Bloser, Handwriting Without Tears (HWT), and D’Nealian.
Reading Styles: modern sans serif and traditional serif.
Printing options: full color and black lines.
Zaner-Bloser. Forming letters straight up and down. Guideline: blue headline, red baseline, and dotted midline. An easy step-by-step approach.
Handwriting Without Tears. Forming letters using simple strokes. Guideline: simplified. Modern handwriting.
D’Nealian. Forming letters in slight slant and adding little tails to each letter. Guideline: blue headline, red baseline, and dotted midline. Easier transition to cursive.
A modern typeface specially designed for children’s reading and improving legibility for large blocks of reading matter. Friendly, easily recognizable letters that produce a well-defined word shape, with extended ascenders and descenders. The slight slant makes blocks of text easier to read.
A traditional typeface is designed expressly for schoolbooks and children’s books. Letters with contrasting weight and lighter strokes help children quickly identify them. Generations of children learned to read with this font.